Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window schedule and layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't done window schedules in archicad for many years because in my previous job, they were manually in autocad...

I do get all the data I need from the window objects to the schedule, that's not the problem, but layouting schedules causes some.

I want/have to use certain office standard layout for the window schedules and I want to get parameters from the schedule to the specific places in master layout. Is it possible to "split" schedule drawing to small pieces in layout and place cropped values to my own table-style layout?

Or is there a easier way to create a customized schedules?

Attached image shows what I'm trying to get
3 REPLIES 3
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
This is a nice challenge. There is no easy way to do what you need because you can't "split" schedules to achieve this. Also, I see no way to put this in a master layout and have it populate the information.

You could create a schedule that has all the information you need for every window, but you would need to put bits of this schedule in the specific parts of each layout; you would have to change it in each layout and if something happens and columns and rows change size or something is moved, you could loose all your layout formatting (which could be fixable, but a pain to do nonetheless)

Maybe someone else has a different solution, but this is the first one I can think of, so...

The most automated way I see is to create a schedule per window. What?
Yep.
1. Create a schedule that has all the information you need. Filter a single window, and create the view of this schedule with the scale and settings you need. A full schedule will help you to keep an eye on window's sizes so that you can set up rows & columns sizes to minimize corrections when relinking views (i.e. give the preview some big margins). Use "records by column" format and schedule the preview first and then the rest of the data.
2. Put this view in your layout and cut it and place the specific parts in the format. You'll end up with the same schedule placed several times in the same layout.
3. Once that's done, duplicate the original schedule and filter a new window.
4. Copy the already formated layout and using the drawing manager, select all the views of this layout (which are views of the same schedule) and relink them to the new schedule (of another window).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 per window.

Hope I explained myself.
Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
sinceV6 wrote:
The most automated way I see is to create a schedule per window. What?
Yep.
1. Create a schedule that has all the information you need. Filter a single window, and create the view of this schedule with the scale and settings you need. A full schedule will help you to keep an eye on window's sizes so that you can set up rows & columns sizes to minimize corrections when relinking views (i.e. give the preview some big margins). Use "records by column" format and schedule the preview first and then the rest of the data.
2. Put this view in your layout and cut it and place the specific parts in the format. You'll end up with the same schedule placed several times in the same layout.
3. Once that's done, duplicate the original schedule and filter a new window.
4. Copy the already formated layout and using the drawing manager, select all the views of this layout (which are views of the same schedule) and relink them to the new schedule (of another window).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 per window.

Hope I explained myself.
Best regards.
Thanks for your advices!

This is exactly how I was hoping how it should work, but with multipage-drawings.. But they cannot be cropped like normal drawings. There is almost 30 different types of windows in this project so separated window schedules per type could be a solution, but sounds a bit tricky to deal with.
sinceV6
Advocate
Aki wrote:
There is almost 30 different types of windows in this project so separated window schedules per type could be a solution, but sounds a bit tricky to deal with.
Once you've setup the first schedule and layout, it shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to do the rest of the windows. I thought you were talking about over 200 windows.... then one should think deeper about the way to manage and present them. That being the case, I would just change the layout format. Sometimes bending these rules (in formatting) will let you move faster.

Best regards.