Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window schedule-group ref & ID to display & link to marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I am a bit new to all this so hopefully I am not covering old ground.
I am trying to get a proper automated link between my windows and the schedule. When I do these manually I have on my marker a reference to the window type and well as a unique number (ID). Moving to the schedule I then have elements listed by type with numbers of each. It's then clear to the contractor when he's looking at the plan drawing which window types he is looking at and he can cross-ref to the schedule.

I have no problem to list the ID on the marker and then in the schedule I can list windows by type. To get me closer to my objective, I have then used the 'User Defined' fields in the Parameters for Listing in my Window Settings to create fields for Window Type which I have then assigned to the schedule. However there does not seem to be any way to create a custom marker that draws on the Window Type info to link the two together. I have looked at the GDL code for windows but I can't seem to find any reference to the User Defined fields I used to store my Window Type data.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there a better way to do this?
I spent hours on this last night and am up against a brick wall!

Thank you!
7 REPLIES 7
sinceV6
Advocate
Hello.

I don't quite get the clear idea of what you want. I get the window, ID and user defined fields thing; but... you are talking about several different things: schedules, markers and (from what I can understand) labels.

Are you trying to show the user defined fields in schedules? You'll need to add object parameter data to the schedule.

If you are trying to show those parameters as part of the window markers, you'll need to create one or edit the shipped marker (not the GDL from the window, the marker is a separate object)

From what I can understand, you might be better off with a custom label that displays the info on plan or section/elevation. Here's a topic you might find useful, if you are willing to dig a little in GDL.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=44895

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that. I appreciate that it wasn't totally clear as I'm not quite sure what element to use to best achieve the result. A custom label sounds right to me. I'll need a bit of time to work through your link but it looks like it may well do the trick.
Thanks again.
Eduardo Rolon
Are you looking to do something like this?

If so this is done using 2 schedules, one for elevations were all windows are grouped by type and size and another schedule were you list them by ID.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, ejrolon. This is an elegant way to do it using the existing information. Do you use a custom marker/label to pick up both the window/door type and number on plan? I suppose the contractor can always reference back to the schedule but I find it helpful to include this info on the plan as well for clarity and ease of use.

Thanks again.
Eduardo Rolon
I just use the ID of the window since that is the traditional way here and doing it the other way will just confuse the contractors.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Kamelite
Enthusiast
"ejrolon" wrote:
Are you looking to do something like this?

If so this is done using 2 schedules, one for elevations were all windows are grouped by type and size and another schedule were you list them by ID.

How do you create a list like the upper one, displaying only the units and their name and sizes without the grid?

.Thag
Windows 10, Archicad 27
Eduardo Rolon
see screenshot
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator