BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Windows Ratio to Floor

NikF
Participant
Hi guys,
I'm struggling to find out how to make the calculation of windows glazing ratio to floor.
In Italy that's the rule:
"By useful illuminating surface, we mean the total area of the windowed opening subtracted from the possible lower level up to a height of cm. 60 and the upper level possibly covered by ledges, overhangs, veils (balconies, roofs, etc.) greater than cm. 120 calculated for a height p = L / 2 (where p = projection of the projection on the wall and L = length of the protrusion from the extreme to the wall, in perpendicular) as well as from the explanatory diagram.
The portion of the windowed wall that will be found in the "p" portion will be considered useful for 1/3 of the lighting effects (see the following figure)."

Legend:
I. L = upper edge length;
II. p = projection of the adjective = L / 2. It is calculated only for L> of cm. 120;
III. a = useful surface for 1/3 to the effects of aero lighting;
IV. b = useful surface for the effects of aero lighting;
V. c = surface even if windowed however not useful for the purposes
of aero lighting (c = 60 cm).
The useful window area is equal to:
b + 1/3 of a.

I managed to make all the calculations of the the window area (Calculation AREA) but then I can't get the glazing window ratio to floor using the zone Measured Area, the Field "RAI" is empty.

Any idea how to do it?
Thanx
1 REPLY 1
That is required information for almost everywhere I submit plans for permits too. The zone stamp would be a great place to display that. I hope you share how you get that to work

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!