BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Work Environment question....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have made my own profile/scheme in work environment, saved it as my own, etc etc. Recently I changed the shape/layout of a toolbar, from compact to extended. Every time I change something like that, it goes from my saved profile to a custom one. How do I update my existing profile after I've changed something like this?

Also, I changed the background color under view: grid options. Can the new background also be saved under my profile, or do I have to change it with every project? Also, if someone else opens my project I changed the background in, will it change for them as well?
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
I have made my own profile/scheme in work environment, saved it as my own, etc etc. Recently I changed the shape/layout of a toolbar, from compact to extended. Every time I change something like that, it goes from my saved profile to a custom one. How do I update my existing profile after I've changed something like this?
The "Redefine" button on the right side makes the Profile you have selected use the current "custom" settings.
Also, I changed the background color under view: grid options. Can the new background also be saved under my profile, or do I have to change it with every project? Also, if someone else opens my project I changed the background in, will it change for them as well?
The background color is part of the PLN file, not your work environment. Anyone who opens that PLN will see the same background color. You would have to change it for every PLN file (or do it in a template so every new file you create will have it).

No, it doesn't make any sense. I suspect it was done so you could have a background color that works with your pen sets, but it still seems like something that should be a user preference, not a project one.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Tom, I have successfully updated my profile.

The background color setting makes me mad (or maybe everyone else in my office who will have to change it every time they open my projects)
TomWaltz
Participant
Steven wrote:
The background color setting makes me mad (or maybe everyone else in my office who will have to change it every time they open my projects)
Nothing like putting your favorite color ahead of the rest of the team's productivity....
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha Ha... Nope...
Learn and get certified!