Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Working between Adobe Illustrator and Archicad 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. For my latest university architectural project designing a nursery, I want to lay my sheets out in Adobe Illustrator CS3. What I'm having trouble with is when I export each drawing as a PDF (with all layers preserved), in Illustrator the floor plan has a frame which flanks the edge of the page. I'd like this frame to be just around the edge of the plan so that when I save the PDF in Illustrator, my page doesn't go beyond the size I have set it up to.

I've attached the image below to clarify what I mean. Would it be a simple case of turning off layers in the PDF settings? Any help much appreciated thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried cropping in InDesign but lost the vector quality I'd like to retain. Still somewhat lost.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Monolith,

I hope you have had help from someone at school by now. If not...

You can always try to draw a white frame and layer that over the areas of the imported PDF you don't want to see. I don't know Illustrator, but most programs allow you to lock layers so that placed elements can not shift around. Then use your view control to limit what is "seen" or printed to the area you are illustrating.

Try using an Illustrator forum for help as your problem might be more related to it than to AC.

Snap