Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

XML list output

Anonymous
Not applicable
In my brief brush with the Object Adapter for AutoCAD I found that it could output a "list" in XML format. This list was simply a listing of parameter values but I would suspect that one could do the same with ArchiCAD with greater control and detail.

Has anyone traveled down this road?
4 REPLIES 4
eldhead
Newcomer
Connect to the database in ArchiCAD via Access, make tables and then view them with some table editor written in ASP with functionallity to export tables as XML.
Demo: http://joycad.serveftp.net/Tableeditor/index.asp

UserID: demo
Password: demo

/Johan
Archicad 7 - 24, HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation, Win 10
Karl Ottenstein
Sean wrote:
In my brief brush with the Object Adapter for AutoCAD I found that it could output a "list" in XML format. This list was simply a listing of parameter values but I would suspect that one could do the same with ArchiCAD with greater control and detail.

Has anyone traveled down this road?
Hey Sean,

Yup. Anything that you query using SQL in the Calculate menu (see
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/SQLqueriesinAC1.html

is displayed in XML and can be further processed in other programs.

In addition, there has been an ODBC driver for Windows developers that allows you to link directly to a PLN/PLA file and query information from the model.

Finally, the Interactive Scheduler can query many things as well ... and for Windows users, can in one click transfer the results into a new Excel sheet.

I'll be talking about the I.S. at ACUWest ... and perhaps if there is time in the Tips and Tricks session, can demo the ODBC/Access connection and the SQL queries. Looking forward to meeting you there and hearing about the TrusJoist objects and whatever broader Trus Joist projects that the company allows you to talk about!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
stefan
Expert
Any chance to compile this experiences into a report for non-ACUWest visitors?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Karl Ottenstein
stefan wrote:
Any chance to compile this experiences into a report for non-ACUWest visitors?
Maybe ... but not until April. Prepping for ACUWest and getting normal work done has more than filled my schedule until then! 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB