Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Xrefs not showing

catrasca
Newcomer
I have always used and loved the flexibility of using Xrefs as references, although since 18's release i haven't been able to get them to appear. i insert them the same way i always have, but after choosing the options and clicking the screen i get nothing. the layers are there, they are listed in the manager but i cannot see them or find any sign of them in any view - storey/worksheet/detail - nada. Any suggestions?
Daniel del Nido
AC6.0-AC19 AUS; Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit
8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What happens if you try to place them as Drawings?

The other thing I would check is whether this happens when you do a New & Reset to start a new project and place the XREF there. Does the problem occur in that file too?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
catrasca
Newcomer
Thanks Las - New & reset did the trick, was hoping to avoid that option as it is on a template file i have converted from 17. Let the cut & pasting begin...
Daniel del Nido
AC6.0-AC19 AUS; Windows 8 Enterprise 64bit
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This also means that it may be a file specific problem as it occurs in your project file, but not in a fresh file after New & Reset. Hopefully it will not cause further issues beyond this one.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have similar problem here.
Archicad 20. Layers are here, but after clicking on screen to position it there is nothing.
File is not even listed in manager.
Tried with AC 21and there is everything OK.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear All,

I was wondering if you could help me with this issue. I am having the same problem, I can see all the information on the Xref manager, but I can't see the drawing. When I import it, I can see the rectangle showing the drawing size, but after the importation is finished, I can't see anything. I have already tried to open a new Archicad file and I have already tried many different AutoCAD files. However, I always have the same problem. Therefore, I think it is not a file problem, but maybe I am importing it incorrectly.
The dwg file is in meters, so I set the Archicad file in meters as well. When attaching the xref I leave the scale X and Y = 1 and in the translator settings, I change the drawing unit from millimeter to meter.
Could you please help me with this problem?
I can place the external content without any problems, reinforcing that it is not a file problem, but possibly a process matter.

Thank you very much,
Pedro
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
paborges wrote:
Dear All,

I was wondering if you could help me with this issue. I am having the same problem, I can see all the information on the Xref manager, but I can't see the drawing. When I import it, I can see the rectangle showing the drawing size, but after the importation is finished, I can't see anything. I have already tried to open a new Archicad file and I have already tried many different AutoCAD files. However, I always have the same problem. Therefore, I think it is not a file problem, but maybe I am importing it incorrectly.
The dwg file is in meters, so I set the Archicad file in meters as well. When attaching the xref I leave the scale X and Y = 1 and in the translator settings, I change the drawing unit from millimeter to meter.
Could you please help me with this problem?
I can place the external content without any problems, reinforcing that it is not a file problem, but possibly a process matter.

Thank you very much,
Pedro
Hi Pedro,

Thank you for sharing your question and I am very sorry about the experience!

From your description, this sounds like the placed Xref is hidden after placing. I would like to check the Renovation status of the current floor plan, or if the layers are hidden. If everything is set to be visible, then could you share with me the problematic Xref for further investigation?

Looking forward to hearing from you! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I had the same problem, and yes, the xref is all on New Construction Renovation Filter. But then how to change the Renovation status of an XREF?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
toniski wrote:
Thanks! I had the same problem, and yes, the xref is all on New Construction Renovation Filter. But then how to change the Renovation status of an XREF?
Hello,

Thank you for the question!

From Archicad 23, it is possible to assign a renovation status for the XREF and imported DWG. When you attach an XREF, the dialog will ask you which translator will be used to import the elements. By editing this translator (File > Interoperability > DXF-DWG > DXF-DWG Translation Setup), select this translator and go to Settings > Miscellaneous, you can change the renovation status in the drop-down menu "Replace missing Renovation Status with".

I hope this answers your question. If you have any further issues, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT