Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Areas with Multiple Hotlinks Scheduling Multiple Times

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a project with a lot of hotlinks. We use zones for our area calculations per floor and I have placed them in the mods. We schedule the Calculated Area per Level in our base file but since I have 10 of a single type of unit it schedules the Calculated Area separately 10 times. If I turn on Merge Uniform Items, the Calculated Area sums up all similar items. i.e. First Level is 297sf (scheduled 10 times) and with Merge Uniform Items is changes First Level to 2,970sf (one time).

Is there any way to Merge Uniform Items and not have it sum up the Calculated Area so that First Level reads 297sf once? A work around would be to place one of the zones per unit in the base file on a no plot layer and adjust my schedule settings accordingly but I'd prefer not to do this if there is another way.
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
If you have different Master Layer (the one you assign when you place the hotlink) for the hotlinks then you can filter the schedule for only one of the Units.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Or you can define different Master IDs for the different placed Hotlinked Module instances and filter one of the modules by the contents of its ID when scheduling it. In that case the Hotlinked Modules can be on the same Layer.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27