Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Schedules - Merging Zones Across Two-Storeys

tband
Participant

Hi All,

We are producing a schedule of zones for a multi-unit residential scheme which includes two-story dwellings. These two-storey dwellings are currently modelled with one zone per home story. We would like these zones to be combined in the schedule output to give an overall area for the unit. Using 'combine uniform items' will partially achieve this, but as a consequence 'Home Story' cannot be displayed as an output field as this is unique to each level. 

Is there a method to link multi-story Zones, either within the model or schedule, without losing key information in the schedule output such as Home Story?

Thanks

(AC24)

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Since Archicad 25 Update 2, there are additional Merge controls for Schedule fields:

I created a simple Schedule in which I listed ID, Home Story, and Area for Zones. Here is how it looks:

ZoneScheduleMergeOptions-2.png

Then I clicked the little icon in the "Home Story Name" column header and set the following Merge options for that schedule field.

ZoneScheduleMergeOptions.png

The result: It will list the two Zones with the same Element ID in a single row, and it will sum their areas. The Home Stories of the two Zone instances are also displayed.

If this is not the area you want, you can set a 50% area reduction for both, so the summed total displayed in the schedule will be the correct value.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27