BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Stamp showing w/d surface

Anonymous
Not applicable
I Would like to see in my zone stamp the total surface of doors and windows. Is there a way to include this call to the zone stamp object?

Anyone knows how?
Thank you.
17 REPLIES 17
Electric Flute
Booster
Yes, that would be nice to achieve.
Does any zone guru knows how?
Thank you.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
TomWaltz
Participant
Electric wrote:
Yes, that would be nice to achieve.
Does any zone guru knows how?
Thank you.
A quick look at the GDL manual seems to tell me that this is possible for columns (for subtracting area from a room), but I do not see anything about doors and windows...

I'll poke around a bit and see if I can find anything though... that sounds familiar, like I have seen it before somewhere.
Tom Waltz
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/zonefixparameters.html

It should be possible (I have not tried).
If you open a Zone Stamp object for editing, you will see ROOM_DOORS_SURF and ROOM_WINDS_SURF are the two global Zone parameters you are looking for.
Simply convert their values into string format with the STR command and write it out with the TEXT2 command in the 2D Script of your Zone Stamp.
It should work.
ROOM_DOORS_SURF.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Electric Flute
Booster
Thank you laszlonagy!
But I couldn't make it work as I´m not very familiar with GDL.
Could you please write the whole command?
Thank you again.
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, I did it. I was interested in this, so I modified one of the ArchiCAD 9 Zone Stamps.
It is in the attachment.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I show you an image of the result.
The Total Window and Total Door area can be displayed just like the Area of the Zone.
The Text Style, Font Name, etc. can be set just as well.
In the Master Script and 2D Script of the Zone Stamp I commented those lines which I inserted.
DoorWindowAreaInZoneStamp.png
TomWaltz
Participant
laszlonagy wrote:
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/zonefixparameters.html

It should be possible (I have not tried).
If you open a Zone Stamp object for editing, you will see ROOM_DOORS_SURF and ROOM_WINDS_SURF are the two global Zone parameters you are looking for.
Simply convert their values into string format with the STR command and write it out with the TEXT2 command in the 2D Script of your Zone Stamp.
It should work.
I knew I saw it somewhere. I forgot all about that Zone Manual... accessories are the same way, with lots of parameters in the subtype, but not really documented.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
The Total Window and Total Door area can be displayed just like the Area of the Zone...
Laszlonagy,
Nice example...I wonder how you might extend this to use the zone tool in creating Light and Vent shedules??? The values returned seem to give the overall opening surface...how might one get it to display only the glass surface area??? And since different types of windows have different operations, i.e., a fixed window provides no vent where as a single hung window might provide close to 50% of the surface area,etc.,etc.

Any thoughts?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Dan wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
The Total Window and Total Door area can be displayed just like the Area of the Zone...
Laszlonagy,
Nice example...I wonder how you might extend this to use the zone tool in creating Light and Vent shedules??? The values returned seem to give the overall opening surface...how might one get it to display only the glass surface area??? And since different types of windows have different operations, i.e., a fixed window provides no vent where as a single hung window might provide close to 50% of the surface area,etc.,etc.

Any thoughts?
I think to be able to do this, the Zone should be able to know which Walls are around it (or even Roofs so we can consider Skylights). Then those Walls should know one by one which Doors and Windows are placed into them.
The Doors/Windows would write out data about themselves into a file, then the Zone Stamp would read data from it.
I think if this is possible, it is possible only with API.
Learn and get certified!