Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone Top area

adzik
Newcomer
Hello,

does ArchiCAD have the ability to show Zone top area (when it's been cut/cropped by a roof)?

Regards,
P.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you mean to show graphically that part of the Zone differently?
Or do you mean to calculate that area (since you posted in the Data Management Forum)?
Could you post an explanatory screenshot?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
adzik
Newcomer
Yes, I want it for calculation purposes, to show in material schedules and so on.

On a sidenote - some of my Zones show their "wall surface area" as 0,0 m² although the Zone is surrounded by Walls on every side and the Zone is not trimmed, cut etc.
Running ArchiCAD 23 INT.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is no such value that is calculated internally, which could be scheduled.

However, I figured out a workaround that you can use if you do not otherwise use the Low Ceiling Area Reduction fields in the Options > Project preference > Zones Dialog.

Let us say your Zone Height is 2700 mm. Set the Low Ceiling Reduction values so that 100% below 2700 is reduced from the Zone Area.

Now, if you Update your Zones, then go to the Zone Settings Dialog, you will find that the Reduced Area field now returns that top surface of the Zone after the Roof cut.
In the following screenshot, you can see the result. I have drawn a Fill on the Floor Plan and displayed its area. As you can see it returns the same value as the Reduced Area and Calculated Area fields.

So, with the trick, you can schedule the Zone Area with the Measured Net Area field, and the Zone Top Area with the Reduced Area of Calculated Area fields.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
adzik wrote:
On a side note - some of my Zones show their "wall surface area" as 0,0 m² although the Zone is surrounded by walls on every side and the Zone is not trimmed, cut, etc.

Could you post a screenshot and some additional info about this issue?