Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone boundaries with composite structure walls -- Door Schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with interactive door schedules where the zone boundaries are often not recognized when doors are placed in composite structure walls which create a boundary between zones.

Specifically, the "WD To/From Zone" fields show unreliable results, this is a general problem but occurs more frequently with composite structure walls.

Any advice appreciated
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a few screenshots about specific cases where it doesn't work as expected?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
Also post a screen shot of your composite wall profile and the profile settings dialogue.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the replies. Part plan, door schedule & composite structure settings attached. Possibly not very helpful...this is not the first time I have had this specific problem, perhaps there is something I am not understanding correctly.
Barry Kelly
So far I only see the plan attached.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Schedule
Anonymous
Not applicable
Composite Settings
Barry Kelly
Sorry for some reason I read your post as 'Complex Profile' wall rather than 'Composite' wall.
I was wondering if the shape of the complex profile was causing the problem.
This is clearly not the case and I can see nothing unusual about your composite wall.

Do you have more than 2 zones (one each side of the wall)?
When there are multiple zones doors and windows can have trouble determining which ones they belong to.

Also check that the zone extent is stretched right up to the side of the wall - not stopping short and not going past the side of the wall.
The wall with the pocket door is much wider than the other wall where you say the zones are working.
I am wondering if the zone is not touching the sides of this wall.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Barry, I have checked (thoroughly) all the things you mention: zone boundaries, etc in order. I will just let it go for now. I had hoped that as this is not the first time I've had this problem, someone else may have also. Thanks again
DGSketcher
Legend
Check the zones & the door have the same renovation status.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)