Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone finish for walls, floors and ceiling

Hello

Is it possible to define the default finish for zones? I want to schedule a lot of zones with different custom finishes and it would be a lot easier to choose from a predefined list.
I am aware of the CUSTOM option, it would be nice if the values could be stored somewhere.

Thank you.

Zone_finish.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Perhaps use an actual surface on floor finish slab or a 2d fill with element ID set up and try to schedule those?

Just schedule element with criteria for slabs/fills on a certain layer, you can even setup a list of surfaces to look for or ID starting with certain letters.

Then add zone numer, zone name and surface / element ID to the fields.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Thanks, but I won't do that for 365 zones already in the project

maybe next time

I wish these zones could get along with the schedules...
arch. ernest atanasiu
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You could explode the zones to fills (and keep original zone), take it from there.

If you set up favourites for zones in advance and use Find & Select in a clever way, it might not take as much time as going through every zone to fill out a custom text field.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Or plan B: maybe you can schedule the text field parameter and fill it out in the schedule. Using merge similar items to change it for multiple zones at once.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always struggled this.
Is there a way to make the zone rated the wall floor and ceiling surfaces? Would be so much better for co-ordinating a room finish schedule with the model.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Plan C: setup IFC parameters for the zones and schedule those.

Select the zones in 3D to set the parameters quickly.

I would assume you can do some filtering with Find & Select to quickly grab the zones with similar finishes.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
My struggle is not to gather the required data into the schedule. Although I (always try to) go for a clean approach, it would be easier to use the Building Materials and Composites data in Zones.

In this project filtering is not a good approach, I know it sounds strange. I was not lying about the 365+ zones. These are in just one module and we have 6 modules already in place. Any room can have a combination of 20 floor finishes, 12 wall finishes and 10 ceiling finishes. And I have modeled everything so it should be easy to extract that data based on zones touching these finishes.

Oh, well, maybe version 25 will do that...
arch. ernest atanasiu
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Hmm, sorry I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to input all the finishes manually in to the zones, rather than extract them from the model.

Have you tried making a surface schedule (new in ArchiCAD19)? You should be able to extract per element (wall, slab, etc) and listing per zone the exposed surfaces with their area.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
That sound like a good idea. It would require a lot of rewiring, though.

If I manage to do the same thing i will repost the solution.
arch. ernest atanasiu