BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone list - add cost/m2

KeesW
Advocate
I've created a Zone list and would like to add a column with the parameter 'cost/m2'. this parameter is included as a default with Zone settings.

Can anyone advise me how to add parameter columns to the Zone listings, and (better still) get these to multiply with other items such as floor area (a standard zone item).

I've done a search for this topic within this list and found over 2700 entries. Don't quite know where to start looking!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
To get the cost column into the schedule, you need to go to Additional Parameters of the Zone Stamp and add that parameter.

AFAIK, no way to multiply without exporting or use of special coding.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use Master Scripts Total Zone:
http://www.masterscript.nl/01/product.php?id_product=35
KeesW
Advocate
Miguel
Thank you for that suggestion. I have purchased Master Scripts Total Zone and am about to find out how well it works.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to find the additional parameters you mentioned in AC18 but I can't find it. Is the "cost/m2" function still available in AC18?

Also, is it possible to multiply in AC18 or is that sill not an available function?
Barry Kelly
LopoJr wrote:
I am trying to find the additional parameters you mentioned in AC18 but I can't find it. Is the "cost/m2" function still available in AC18?

Also, is it possible to multiply in AC18 or is that sill not an available function?
In 18 it is set out a little differently.
You have to press the triangle button next to the 'ADD' button (see image).
Then choose 'Add Object Parameters' and then find the object and parameter you are after.

As for calculations in the schedules - no.
You can only do simple totals and counts.
You can script objects to do calculations within themselves and have them update a parameter in the object.
Then list those parameters in your schedules but you will need a little knowledge of GDL and it only works for objects - not elements such as walls and slabs.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,
I tried that and I still can't find anything that will do the trick. I am trying to assign a cost per square meter to zones. AC18 doesn't appear to have that function built into the zone tool.
I'm not the best a scripting/GDL so I may just have to rely on excel and do everything manually. I thought this would have been a powerful function that GS would have integrated by now.
Learn and get certified!