BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone schedule area formula

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone i would like to know if we have any possibility to have a schedule for zones show us the method that calculated the area, for example for an area of 17.16 m2 we have the formula 5.72 m*3 m , or if we have obstacles and we must calculate the area from more "rectangle areas" like (5.72*3)+(1.4*3.42) which would equal to an area of 21.5 m2. And more than that i need the actual values and formula of calculation to be shown so i don't do them manually. Is that even possible in Archicad 21 ? or 22 or 23?
4 REPLIES 4
Hi Czagorodnii ,

A room rarely looks like a simple rectangle. Making visible the mathematical formula behind the area of ​​a room does not seem relevant to me. From AC22 you can create your own formulas to calculate what you want but it is better to refer to "calculated area" or "measured area" according to your needs. These two types of area use different and configurable formulas.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
AFAIK, in the German version of ARCHICAD there is a function that can draw polygons of Zones and divide them into triangles, then calculate and show all these triangles and their calculations, because it is required there to do this.
But this function is not available on other localized ARCHICAD versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is almost exactly what i need, can you please show some screenshots or throw a link for a tutorial on how to create such a schedule?
Would be very much appreciated.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately not, because I don't have a German version, and that function is done by an Add-On.

One thing you can do is you can make a wish for this feature to be included in other localized ARCHICAD versions, we can vote on it and if it gets enough support, we can submit it to GRAPHISOFT for consideration.
If you do make a wish, please post its link in this thread.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!