Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zone size parameter

Tom Krowka
Booster
One of the line items in the content section is "size parameters". I can't seem to find any input for it, nor does the zone pick up any information from the zone itself. Am trying to get the zone stamp to generate a L x W dimension for schematics.
I know AC has indicated in the past that it can't be done....but was wondering if it happened and I don't know about how to access it automatically.
Thanks Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Those "Size Parameters" are the "Perimeter", "Ceiling Height" and "Zone Volume", their checkboxes are in the "Area, Volume" page of the settings panel. IT does not mean the width and length of the Zone bounding box or something similar.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Tom Krowka
Booster
So it seems that GS still can't have simple L x W info show up in the zone tags. I know that every zone is not square, but it seems like it could take the biggest L x W parameter.
Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Barry Kelly
Tom wrote:
So it seems that GS still can't have simple L x W info show up in the zone tags. I know that every zone is not square, but it seems like it could take the biggest L x W parameter.
Tom
Probably easier said than done.
As you say a zone could be any shape and that shape could be at any rotation.
It would probably be one of those things that works 95% of the time, but would really frustrate users for the other 5%.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
Too bad. That would be a very helpful parameter to be able to include in zone tags for schematic level design. Otherwise, I have to use a custom tag and measure each space. Clients like to see those dimensions and it's too early in the process to dimension everything.

My opinion is to include it and if the zone is rotated or an odd shape then use the technique above or whatever users are doing now to convey this information. I would think the 95% would override the 5% in this case.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com