Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zones and Door/Window Schedules...Again

Dave Jochum
Advocate
I'm so sick of this problem I could...never mind. I have a PLN that simply will not return all (it does some) zone locations in the door and window schedules. I've tried all the *bleeping* workarounds we've been forced to use for years including enlarging the zone boundaries beyond the enclosing walls, flipping markers, cutting and re-pasting zones, etc. Has anyone found a solution? Is it maybe fixed in 17? I haven't opened this project in 17 because I'm close to finishing CDs.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCad 17 PC

I have just started working with Schedules. Window schedule is not returning some zone data. Changed zone base level (ie -20c) to try and fix. No result.
Something to do with renovation filters not being set correctly for the schedule?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
All zones have the same renovation filter setting.
The only windows returning a "zone error" are those where the wall containing the window is -20c below 0c, the set FFL. I have windows at -6c working.
Barry Kelly
schmidi,
You will probably find that the window at -20c is completely below the base level of the zone.
The -6c windows probably extend up so part of the window is above the base of the zone.

So you will either need to add a separate zone for the lower storey or lower the base level for you existing zone.
Also watch the zone height if you lower the base.
The windows need to be within the zone before they can recognise it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL ... I was going to write "Baz would know" in my previous post.
Thanks matey, Ill try that.
Barry Kelly
I didn't think there could be that many schmidi's in Perth.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The zone name shows up in the schedule when I lift the wall containing the window to -1680 but not at -1690. Zone Ht is 2743, base at -1714 (-20c). Zone exists on 0.Ground Floor.

test: copy zone to -1.subground - rename 'dining test'
this didn't seem to work until I deleted 2 other undercroft levels - or perhaps it did. I found that the schedule didn't update if I changed a zone name on -1.SG but it would if I changed a zone name on 0.GF Is there a way of updating the schedule after change? I thought a save would invoke this anyway.

Zones don't have a story visibility option as far as I know, so am I stuck with improvising using 2 zones on top of each other? I'm still not sure why the zone name displays at -1680 but not at -1690. Window tested:
Sill to WB 943
Header to WB 2400

tested wall linking - no result.
tested sub levels - yes, must delete.
This remedy does not work for the Window Schedule 4D object.
Barry Kelly
schmidi wrote:
This remedy does not work for the Window Schedule 4D object.
Ben it looks like it might be over to you?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Ben Cohen
Enthusiast
Hi schmidi

More than happy to help
Email me a copy of the file and I will take a look
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC