BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Zones belonging to one zone when flipped

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I got a door schedule with To Zone/From Zone columns and a few doors do only show To Zone or From Zone. I've been trying to figure what is causing the issue that both zones can't connect with the doors.

In one case the schedule shows both zones when the door is flipped or is placed in one direction. In the other direction the schedule only shows To Zone. Any clue what can cause this?
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'm not in front of ArchiCAD right now but there is a setting that can affect this behavior. In the door (and window) tool, under the Parameters for Listing area in the Custom Settings panel there is a check box that reads something like 'Door uses Zone into which it opens'. Try uncheck it and and seeing what it changes to.

I have found the biggest issue with reading zones is when there are multiple zones (eg. a whole floor zone and a room zone) or when the item being scheduled is entirely within a zone (eg. a wall in a stairwell).

Still waiting to hear back from GS on how to deal with these situations.

Regarding door schedules, you will need to place an 'Outside' zone to keep the To Zone column from being blank.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did try to uncheck that box but it makes no difference. There are no overlapping zones.

I'm not sure what you mean by a 'Outside' zone but the door is placed in a wall which got one zone on each side of it. When the door is placed with the direction To Zone A it got From Zone B in schedule. Now if you flip the door it got To Zone Blank and From Zone B.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes. I would think it is blank because it is now effectively coming from and going to the same zone. If the zones are backwards then try reinserting the door on the other side of the wall. I think you can also rotate the door within the wall but this will probably affect your jamb, casement, etc settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue if I reinsert the door instead of flipping it.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Did you uncheck that checkbox, try rotating, try another door?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Am happy I didn't invest an excess of energy attempting to work it out.
Learn and get certified!