BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Zones viewed in Bluebeam Revu

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope this is the best place to post this inquiry...

Currently using AC20 & publishing / saving PDF files from layouts, marquee model views, etc... When zones are used, the set area shows up in Revu as a purple transparent fill. These "fill" areas do not get reflected in any hard copy prints from Revu, only on the screen view within the program.

Also, if the PDF file created by ArchiCAD is opened with a different program, Acrobat for example, the "fills" do not get displayed in that viewer.

Has anyone else had this issue arise, and is there a setting within AC20 (or maybe in Revu) to have it not show up in Revu? It's more of an inconvenience than a major problem, but when a client sees them, they get confused. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Turn off the space setting in Bluebeam

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Turn off the space setting in Bluebeam
Anonymous
Not applicable
So very much appreciated!

Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome, it caught me out too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm having the same problem, but I can't find in Bluebeam Revu for Mac where this space setting is to turn off? Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Right click on right column > Show > Spaces) to view the office space.
This is for windows, sorry not sure about Mac
Capture.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea...unfortunately Revu for Mac doesn't have all of the features yet that Windows does. So my options on that Show dropdown doesn't include Spaces. Bummer. What's the alternative - turning off the Zoning layer, and adding in text for Room Name/Number before saving as a PDF? Superb.
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 3.08.26 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would think there must be an option to turn them off if they are on.
try a google search or contact your re seller.
Brad Elliott
Booster
So now this inconvenience has become a big problem for us. Our jurisdictions Building Department is now using Bluebeam to review electronic building permit submittals. And they tell us that Bluebeam is making a big push into the permit review market. We do not have the ability to tell the county to modify their program by turning off spaces on all their computers so they can read our documents and they absolutely don't want to see the zones shaded in on our drawings. We're on AC 21 and they are both owned by the same company. This needs to be fixed.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brad wrote:
So now this inconvenience has become a big problem for us. Our jurisdictions Building Department is now using Bluebeam to review electronic building permit submittals. And they tell us that Bluebeam is making a big push into the permit review market. We do not have the ability to tell the county to modify their program by turning off spaces on all their computers so they can read our documents and they absolutely don't want to see the zones shaded in on our drawings. We're on AC 21 and they are both owned by the same company. This needs to be fixed.
You should contact Bluebeam about this and tell them.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!