Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

adding picture to cell by copy/paste

alemanda
Advocate
It would extremely useful for specifications purpose to have the possibility to add pictures to a schedule by simply copy/paste directly into the cell ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
It would extremely useful for specifications purpose to have the possibility to add pictures to a schedule by simply copy/paste directly into the cell ...
But I suppose that everything that you want to specify has somekind of object or element instance in the model, where you can retrieve preview images or drawings. What kind of works you want to specify? .
alemanda
Advocate
I know that I can include a picture in an object (object only indeed) and recall it only in schedule ...
What about all the other elements?
By adding a picture I'd like to add a visual specification, for example a texture, a special finishing, or the picture of a specific model of fixture or fitting ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
alemanda
Advocate
By mistake I put it in the schedule section of forum ... Actually it should be moved in the wishes section ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

fittings are objects you can find in partcommunity, cadenas or traceparts. these sites export models in skp format

finish is building material or surface. It seems that you can only get a vectorial hatching preview. But I just tried and you can drag and drop images in the annotation of a scheduled preview.

Also the in 3D preview anotation you can dimension like in 3d document. The only difference from 3d document is that you cannot have hidden line view option, which is important for mechanical drawing standards (parts, fittings, etc). I really wish that this will be incorporated in the future .

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example.
2016-09-09_21h50_47.png
alemanda
Advocate
Ok ... very well!
Actually my original post was a "wish" to have a "picture cell" available for every element ... it seems working in AC20 when you add a picture to a 2D/3D preview of an element ... But If I'm not wrong not all the element have a preview ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
alemanda wrote:
But If I'm not wrong not all the element have a preview ...
The 2D, 3D preview options are found in the GENERAL section I think you can choose it for almost everything. I triyed in Elements, Components and Surfaces

Regards