BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

all materials in one scene

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey peeps

I will just say that I am not working in ArchiCad but I still need to ask this question.
Is there an easy way to put all the materials from the template into a scene so that I can export them?
Hope you understand my question.

//Jakob - 3d-artist
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
Do not believe so. All of the export options as far as I know only export the textures that are in use within the scene. Have not seen a toggle to include all unused textures.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
jakobs wrote:
Hey peeps

I will just say that I am not working in ArchiCad but I still need to ask this question.
Is there an easy way to put all the materials from the template into a scene so that I can export them?
Hope you understand my question.

//Jakob - 3d-artist
You can export them via the Attribute Manager by saving an .aat file. You would just to make sure any textures applied to them are in a loadable library folder for the file that you will be importing into to load. Also if any fills are associated that are not stock,those will need to be in the .aat also.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Lingwisyer
Guru
Thinking about it, the exported textures are just the defuse maps... so you could instead just go and extract the maps straight from the ArchiCAD Surface Catalogue.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using a special exporter called .Din3D I need all the materials assigned to an object in the scene. Is there a way to do that?
Lingwisyer
Guru
If this exporter you are using does not have an option to export textures, you could make a second export with say the 3ds exporter as I think that one has an option to write out texture information. Might be good to contact who ever wrote the exporter and see if they can include an option to include textures.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The exporter exports textures just fine. I just need to somehow put all materials from the template into a scene in archicad. This has to be done by assigning the materials to objects.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Refer to my second post. Extract your surface catalogue and just take the textures straight from there...

Ling.

Learn and get certified!