BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

archicad 10 calculaton enhancements

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would any of you adventurous souls who have ventured into version 10 please provide some insight about any calculation ehancenments.
thanks,
Dan K
16 REPLIES 16
TomWaltz
Participant
The Interactive Scheduler is self-updating, is WYSIWYG now, and has this cool new "re-columnization" thing to split a long schedule into multiple columns on a page, but the calculation itself is not any better that I know of.
Tom Waltz
Karl Ottenstein
AFAIK, nothing new can be extracted by the schedules, but as Tom say, the WYSIWYG editing and live data (no more updating) is really nice. There are no improved formatting capabilities though.

One lost functionality is the ability to select elements in the project and have only those selected elements processed by the schedule. Since I use the scheduler as a model editor, this is a disappointing loss.

A new twist is that the schedules are not stored on the file system (in the user folder, or redirected to the server), but are instead navigator items that belong to the project file itself. You can import/export to the file system though.

This is probably a good choice of implementation, but could cause confusion for some transitioning users. Suppose you have a schedule called ABC Window Schedule, where ABC are the initials of your firm. Your template includes that schedule, and you also have it in a schedules folder on your server.

All employees working on various projects based on the template see ABC Window Schedule in their navigator list for Element Schedules. In the meantime, the CAD Manager has updated the schedule on the server.

In 9, everybody would 'see' the updated schedule on the server when they place a new (manual update/etc) schedule since everyone's Schedule Settings folder would have been redirected to the server folder by the good CAD Manager. Placing a new ABC Window Schedule, they'll see the updated schedule format. The schedule is neither live nor wysiwyg, but seeing the updated schedule is automatic.

In 10, each user has to be told to Import the updated ABC Window Schedule from the server to get it incorporated into their projects. The schedule is live and wysiwyg, but getting the updated schedule settings is manual... requiring browsing the server for the import (or, better, jumping to a saved Favorite that points to the proper server folder).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
One lost functionality is the ability to select elements in the project and have only those selected elements processed by the schedule. Karl
What?????????

I have not tried it yet, but this is REDICULUS!!!!!

As i said before GS is cheating on this. We did not see any new calculation tools and we will not see ANY in the future. This is because of that constructor-estimator suite that they claimed to be a different story.
Unfortunately i was 1000% correct predicting that this was the end of the development of archicad calculation tools.

Very very dissapointing
Karl Ottenstein
I do think that the improvements to the interactive (element) schedules will be seen as a big benefit by most users - easier to create and always up-to-date.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
I do think that the improvements to the interactive (element) schedules will be seen as a big benefit by most users - easier to create and always up-to-date.

Karl
It is for me big benefit.
I can improve schedules for the own project (GDL or such like that)
With AC9 I had to make every time copy and so on.
Dynamic interaktive function was good, but not so neccessary.

In a new version I can check every ID and fast overview to avoid any mistake. Attributions can be easily changes like search & find function.
If you used to, you will like this new functions.
The function with same element together is also very helpful.
For schedule it shoul be enough.
fhedberg
Contributor
A query for "the lucky ones" who have already updated to AC10, in regards to window/door schedules.....are the schedules still producing views (2d symbol) that are proportional to each other or can we finally create live schedules to scale...???

At our firm we have to create the schedule and they "resize" the whole lot to get the right scale of the doors/windows, but this means that the schedule is no longer is "live".....

Please tell me that Graphisoft have a solution for us in the almighty mythical AC10...
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
TomWaltz
Participant
fhedberg wrote:
A query for "the lucky ones" who have already updated to AC10, in regards to window/door schedules.....are the schedules still producing views (2d symbol) that are proportional to each other or can we finally create live schedules to scale...???

At our firm we have to create the schedule and they "resize" the whole lot to get the right scale of the doors/windows, but this means that the schedule is no longer is "live".....

Please tell me that Graphisoft have a solution for us in the almighty mythical AC10...
You already can in AC9. The trick is that you have to make sure your schedule boxes are large enough to fit the windows/doors in them without scaling them.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
TomWaltz wrote:
You already can in AC9. The trick is that you have to make sure your schedule boxes are large enough to fit the windows/doors in them without scaling them.
Or, more precisely, large enough to fit the largest door or window at the scale required.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
hang on, hang on, can you do that in AC10? As I can remember it was not possible with the latest AC10 beta or RC which has slightly infuriated my rather calm nature...

further to the W/D schedule, in my opinion it is an useless piece of (now nice looking) junk. I understand that someone from GS has named that as a different and filtered view on the building model. The name of the window/door schedule is more wishful thinking of the GS marketing department than actual reality (and functionality of this little crappy tool). Quite frankly, window/door schedule is NOT EXISTING in AC, you can get the list of the openings but it is not a full-on schedule used for D&C or construction etc. And let's face it fellos without any comments about the beautiful future of AC11,12,13... tools. I need to document my job NOW!
::rk
Learn and get certified!