BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

archicad 16 google earth connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

is the google earth connection available for archicad 16 yet? thanks
27 REPLIES 27
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Still not available...

any news GS?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I got the info from GS that they are planning to release it next week.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The GEC Add-on for ArchiCAD 16 is now available on graphisoft.com: http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html
Note: if you cannot see the updated site, please clear the cache of your browser
Katalin Takacs
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Thank you!
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille wrote:
Thank you!
hi, can anyone tell me how to get the google earth terrain into archicad 16 - 64 bit ? is there a tutorial somewhere ? please help. - without using ac14 32bit .... ?
Dwight
Newcomer
Once you've installed the connection at the address below, go here for full instructions, not that I have been able to make it work.
Dwight Atkinson
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Seems to me that the technical issue with GE (as with the 15th version) is still present.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Dwight
Newcomer
Can anyone make this work?
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Terrain into AC has to be in 32 bit mode on Windows only. To get the terrain in 64 bit requires lots vs one step, including a free copy of SketchUp... at least hopefully it will stay free even though Google doesn't own it any longer.

You bring the GE snapshot into SketchUp by having both open and capturing the terrain in SU. Then save the file as skp, and open the skp in 64 bit AC with the GE connection add-on which allows the skp to be converted to a GDL object. Whew.

Exporting the model to GE on Mac (64) - doesn't work properly because Project North is ignored ... the export is done as if Project North is set to 90 degrees regardless of the setting. Or, at least in my project with North is 135 degrees, it is ignored.

(Also very hard to get the project anchors/coords set on Mac so that the export appears in GE at exactly the right place rather than a few feet away.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!