BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

archiforma 3d polyline prob

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm new in archiforma and i've been trying to figure out how I can draw a polyline in height, as if I was drawing it in section. I can draw it in plan but I cannot give height to the points that compose the polyline. I can only give a height to the first node but not the rest...
any tips please?

happy new year!!
8 REPLIES 8
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
just one of the possibilities:

1. open a Section/Elevation window
2. draw an ArchiCAD Polyline
3. select it and click on the ArchiForma 3D Polyline tool
4. ArchiForma bring you to the plan waiting for your clicks
5. click to define the insertion point
6. click again to define the direction

That's all
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grazie Fabrizio....
facilissimo!

Thank you..
Lukas
Anonymous
Not applicable
One more question on these polylines... I'm using the polylines to loft them and then create a curved surface. If I want this curved surface to be a wall, is it possible to give it thickness?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
a drawing of what you want to get could help a lot...
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to create an exterior wall, which I want to be curved, so I create two 3d polylines. One that defines the end of one side, and the other one defines the end of the other side of the wall. Connecting the two polylines, gives me the surface that I want but it has no thickness because the polylines have hairline thickness. Is there a way to give thickness to this surface?
I hope this makes sense..
thanks again..
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
if the wall has no variable thickness you could use just one 3D polyline as path and use the Tube function...
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
the tube function would give me an equal curve throughout the wall, where I want to look something like this
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
draw two fills which represent the two wall ends (vertical end faces), create the body by using the Ruled tool and finally rotate the element in order to positioning it as requested...
Fabrizio Diodati
Learn and get certified!