BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

artlantis rendering resolution

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to art.lantis and am having some trouble getting a high resolution rendering. I understand that it always renders at 72 dpi and that you just make the total pixel number greater and then shrink it down until you get the dpi you need.

However, when i set the pixels to anything over 800 vertical and horizontal the file doesn't seem to write. I can see it rendering, but when it is done the file it created is way to small (3 kb or so) and cannot be opened.

Does anyone know what i am missing?
11 REPLIES 11
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It sounds like you are a little confused about resolutions, but it definitely should be working over sizes of 800x800. I regularly render 3000x3000 images and higher withough problems.
Are you using Artlantis 2, and do you have the latest hotfix?
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the link, but that's the part i figured out already. it's when i try to bump up the pixels to 3,000 x 3,000 the file doesn't write.

I'm working at my school and i believe they have the student version of art.lantis (not sure exactly how that relates to the official version). I'd assume they have downloaded it and done nothing else in terms of set up, so any add ons have not been installed.

what is the latest hot fix and what does it do?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, student version might have a resolution limit.
Djordje
Ace
I have rendered 15000x10000 (yes, site billboard) and it went well ...

What matters is the pixel count. Size in inches times required dpi equals pixels. That's all there is to it.

Student version might have the size limit. Anyone from Abvent knows?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
gordo wrote:

However, when i set the pixels to anything over 800 vertical and horizontal the file doesn't seem to write. I can see it rendering, but when it is done the file it created is way to small (3 kb or so) and cannot be opened.

Does anyone know what i am missing?
Hello Gordo,

Can you please explain more about this problem?
You make a rendering over 800x800 pxl and the file is not saved?
Is that so? What is the file format choosen?

Alain Picard
Abvent
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Student version might have the size limit. Anyone from Abvent knows?
Hello Djordje,

The Student version is not limited.

Have a nice day.
Alain
Djordje
Ace
Picard wrote:
The Student version is not limited.
Thought so. Thanks for the confirmation!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes.

today i was able to go over 800 x 800 but not consistently. the other times i got only an unknown file type icon with a long series of numbers and letters for the file name different from what i put in for the rendering to be saved as.

i have been saving the renderings as jpegs.
Learn and get certified!