Collaborate forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Area of walls minus openings

Is there a way of showing the area of walls less the openings? I have tried all the options in the wall schedule & searched the forum. This would be a great time saver for me when doing thermal calculations.

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue exporting custom windows as IFC

Hi all, I am a BIM-researcher but a beginner in using the software. I just created a custom window in AC16 using the Slab tool and Library and Objects>Save Selection as... (Fig 1). In AC, everything looks fine (Fig 2&3). When I export my walls and wi...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote access with twlink file from a Mac

I've got a couple projects on teamwork that I need to share with another office we're working with. I use all pc's and have successfully accesses tw remotely using the twlink file. The other office is on Mac. I sent the twlink file as well as server ...

tw1.jpg
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

importing a archicad file from 2004

I have some old files which were drawn in 2004 on archicad but I have no idea what version. Can anyone help me import them to archicad 15. The file formats are LA1; pB1; pB2; PL1. I know we don't have the original library and the files will be next t...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Combine local data with last saved TW file

UPDATE: server was edited by ICT and restarted. Everything OK for now! Hi everybody, yesterday our server was full resulting in saving a corrupt file. Whenever I try to open the TW file ArchiCAD freezes. I've tried making backups/saving PLN from the ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Modifying Layer combinations and adding layers

Currently using Archicad 15 teamwork. I changed a user role from draftsman to lead architect in the BIM server manager thinking that he'll have rights to modify layer combinations and layer changes. And also checked project administrator and server a...

• 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Settings mac bimserver 18

Hello everyone, We lost a day to try to make the bimserver to work on a mac network. We bought a new mac because we cannot run both bimserver 17 and the bim server 18. So we start with a fresh mac to do the new bimserver for 18 We install the new bim...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Renovation issues with IFC exchange

We are trying to export an AC17 file via IFC using renovation filters. IN AC17 when a door is demolished it works perfectly. The door is shown as a door in Existing filter. It is shown as a filled hole in project filter. Both 3D and 2D are working fi...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes