Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaborate forum

Forum Posts

Composite wall & Take-off

I had a Composite wall shown a 6" masonry block, 1 1/2" air space and 1/2" of gyp. bd. The problem is when I use the List Element Basic under "Thickness/Size" it's read as a 8" wall instead of split the fills/material as assigned. What I'm doing wron...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

AutoCad Pen Colors

Is there a way to import AutoCad pen tablets in to ArchiCad? The issue is tryin to make drawings look the same when sent back to Architect. Do I have to go through and reset each pen one by one to make the color/line weights match? If so, is this a g...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Exporting Layouts containing several Tiff files

I've inserted several images in ArchiCAD and redrawn technical information above those plans in AC. I inserted those plans in a layout book and now have to send them to a consultant. When exporting with the publish method in Plotmaker, I get a DWG fi...

• 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to avoid this with 3D dwg import?

Hi, I saw the thread about .3ds and that could be the solution to my problem with importing 3D dwg objects. As shown in the attached image not all of the 3D surfaces from in my case Rhino gets converted to a mesh object (the holes in the column). I s...

• 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open dwg file?

I am using ArchiCAD 8.1, system windows xp, and when I try to open a project sent to me saved from Autodesk Architectural desktop 2004 I am unable to open it. ArchiCAD says "The following DWG file's format is unsupported". If I have the person save t...

• 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DWG merge vs. XREF question

Hi, I just discovered that when I merge or open a dwg in 8.1R1 I get a topo with all the contours. This is as I am used to. When I instead xref the dwg file, I instead get just the major contours (every 10') and when I tried showing all layers I got ...

Small .bmp export

How can I easily create a .bmp picture of a small portion of a floor plan in order to send it to a client. Thanks

Automatic Down saving (7.0 --> 6.5)

hey everyone, At our office we're running mostly macs with ArchiCAD 6.5, but recently we got a few PC's to work on some jobs that need to be done in autocad (blah..) but when that project isn't ongoing, we are running ArchiCAD 7.0 on these machines. ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 likes