BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

bimserver/ linksys wireless g (wrt54g)/macbook pro/WindowsXP

ares997
Contributor
I am trying to do a remote access system test for teamwork 2/bimserver and can't seem to figure out how to get into the router. Has anyone setup a linksys router to work for teamwork 2. The problem that I have been having mostly is that I create the server link in windows xp, and then try and open it in on my mac outside of my LAN and it will just hang there saying that it is testing but nothing happens, just sits there. No errors reported. Early in the week I would get errors, which was caused by not including the static IP address.

In the router I have adjusted the tab "applications & gaming" and "port range and forward" to included all the possible ports (i.e. discovery, msg'ing, model, etc) with the protocol to be both udp and tcp. There are a couple of other tabs like port triggering and dmz and QoS which I haven't touched at this point.

Any suggestions would be great at this point.

Thanks for your time.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Lee
Booster
I have the same exact setup, except I'm on Windows 7 64. On the router, I did exactly what you did under Apps and Games tab. On that tab, at the end of each line, you have to put the static ip of the bimserver computer. Did you do that? (You do have a static ip for the server, right?) If so, the only thing for AC14 that I found different from AC13 was that if you wanted to access the bim server from outside (through internet, through your router), you have to write down the internet domain name in the bim server settings from the bim server itself. Also, on the router, the default port numbers for AC14 were different from those of AC13, so check that too.
ArchiCAD 25 & 24 USA
Windows 10 x64
Since ArchiCAD 9
Karl Ottenstein
Also, it depends on how your internet is supplied. The wrt54g is only a router, not a modem. Presumably you have a DSL (or cable) modem that is connected to the linksys. That modem also (probably) has firewall settings that have to be opened to allow communication to those ports to get through to the router ... which will then forward them to the static local IP address of your BIM Server machine.

To access the BIM Server externally, you'll need either a static public IP address or a DNS name - see the Wiki articles.

See also this web site:
http://portforward.com/

for some device instructions (not 100% accurate, but close enough to help most of the time) ... and some free methods for verifying that your ports are accessible from outside without having to actually leave the office, come back, leave again, etc. 😉

PS I have a friend whose ISP gave him a really ancient DSL modem which does not have a web interface, and so we were unable to open ports on it ... only a new modem would resolve that.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!