Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

black background fill at automatic dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am developing window types schedule. I have tried to use the automatic dimensions but it shows up as a black box as shown in the attached picture. The only way I can figure out to change it is to click "annotate" on the cell and modify the dimension text manually and change the black background to white or transparent.

That's messed up though. There must be a way. How do I modify the setting so that it configures them all automaticallY?

WHY!.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
hm... okay figured this out and will post, for other newbies that may benefit from this.

The dimension settings control the "add automaticdimensions" input. Simply turn off the background fill completely. The pen button with a checkmark to the left of the background fill selection button.

I'm not sure why, but adjusting the background fill to transparent was not fixing this for me. Simply turn it off completely and you're good to go.
splinter
Contributor
Just came across the same problem and the solution is still viable, 10 years later.
Architect | Computational Designer
ArchiCAD 25 | Win 11 | 4800HS | RTX 2060 | 16 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD
www.johanwall.com
Barry Kelly
You could also set up a Graphic override where the criteria is looking for 'dimensions' and the override style is setting the fill background to transparent (zero or null pen).
Use this GO in the schedule view settings.

If you don't want the coloured fills for the windows either, then set the criteria in the rule to "All Types".
It will hide the fill for the windows as well as the dimensions.
In effect you will just have line drawings of the windows.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11