BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

bug in saving to dwg in AC10 (and partial solution)

I have spent last 2 days trying to solve problem with saving to dwg (AC10). I am a kind fo geek person so I cannot let the problem go and try to dig out for a solution.. 😉

So:

The problem shows up when there are walls in the project that either have 2or more windows/doors one over another with the marker ON or if there is a wall with window/door and marker ON, that is placed even on the other story but is inside the converted story range.
Such thing results in the error message and dwg is not saved.

As I mentioned - I was digging out for the solution:
First and dirty one is to swich off the markers - I figured out this first.
Next I tried to isolate the problematic window/door (- which guided me to the problem description above)

Second dirty solution is to delete the problematic wall/s - the swithcing the layer of it does not solve the problem - even if the translator is set to ignore hidden layers 😉

So less dirty solution is: to set the wall displaying to automatic/projecting - same to the problematic window - set to projecting
but it is not enough - the marker of this window is not shown - but has to be also switched OFF

Little update: this does not solve some problems with problematic doors...

The main problem lays in the walls and doors/windows that are placed below the story they belong to and the markers.

Please GS alanyze the dwg conversion again regarding the new features of 10 - and make some people less frustrated when converting to dwg 😉
(I can upload the file that may help isolating the problem - poin me to the place where I can upload)

Best Regards,
Piotr
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!