Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

cadimage Bracing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am trying to use the cadimage brace tool for a relatively simple design, after selecting walls i need braced and entering the bracing settings via calculate bracing, I note all the building dimensions and cladding weights details are greyed out. If i enter ok to see what it does i get the message

" No exterior walls selected, i.e having a composite starting with 'Ext'

All walls selected are in fact the default composite structure EXT: Stud 90

Not to sure whats going on here but any help would be really appreciated

Thanks
19 REPLIES 19
Barry Kelly
I have no idea of how this add-on works, but is it case sensitive - EXT - Ext?

Cadimage also have their own support centre so you might want to try there.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
It doesn't appear to be case sensitive, i just tried it with both upper & lower case.
Please let us know what the issue is when you have it fixed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will do, Waiting on response atm
Anonymous
Not applicable
So for those that were interested, the walls were approx 1 hundredth of a degree out causing the error
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, there is a free add on marker somewhere on the web, that will tell you if your walls are orthogonal or slightly out, useful for trainees until they learn to use the shift key more.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
INR wrote:
So for those that were interested, the walls were approx 1 hundredth of a degree out causing the error
We're correcting that – the tolerances were set far too tight.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ralph, if you are doing some work on the bracing tool I have a request.
When all the parameters have been input, such as dimensions, bracing set etc. can they be saved?
Quite often I have to go back out the DBX to get a dimension or other for the bracing input, then when i re-open i have to input all of the info again!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Rogerdodge wrote:
Hi Ralph, if you are doing some work on the bracing tool I have a request.
When all the parameters have been input, such as dimensions, bracing set etc. can they be saved?
Quite often I have to go back out the DBX to get a dimension or other for the bracing input, then when i re-open i have to input all of the info again!
We're working on something that should solve that issue. Best approach for feature requests is to contact our support team – they add it to development database so it can be tracked from specification to release.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks Ralph & will do
I am looking forward to working with a new improved bracing tool.