Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

change language in our office's template

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
INT version might work with the french library and such, but it will also potentially mess up french names for things in the project.

We had a foreign colleague in the past who stubbornly installed INT version (instead of NL) on his workstation and we ended up having english renovation filters instead of our Dutch ones in the project he worked on. Still not sure how he managed that, but I would definitely consult with your office BIM manager (if they have one), before accidentally making some people unhappy.

You can't use INT library instead of the French one, so library parts etc will remain French.

At least as far as I know.

Still if you speak English, it's not too hard to learn French or Dutch for that matter, so there's hope for the future!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
5 REPLIES 5
Szabolcs Miko
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,
You can use a chinese work environment of course, which is going to affect the menu items. Settings dialogs unfortunately will remain the same (french).
Changing the menu items might help you navigate a bit.

Bests,

Szabi

Szabolcs Mikó

Education Program Manager

Podolsky
Ace
I'm not sure that just applying another language template can change ArchiCAD interface language - I might say, it's impossible, because all menu etc translations are located in ArchiCAD system folder. Template can have layers, surfaces, building materials, fills, view maps and layout names in French. Also GDL library can be in French, but last must stay in English.

Can you upload screenshots to better understand what exactly been changed via template?
Miha_M
Advisor
My experience with different language versions is based on running INT with GER template & library. It does work, but it messes up some menus, renovation filter names, etc. And ifc mapping.
The main problem with this is that in bigger markets the Archicad Classification V2.0 is translated and adopted to local standards. Mixing a localized template with an INT version needs extra care with ifc mapping, if you exchange model data with other disciplines. You may have to re-map everything, as the default translator in a INT version is not set to work with properties from a GER localization.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Barry Kelly
Podolsky wrote:
Can you upload screenshots to better understand what exactly been changed via template?

I doubt it very much.
It looks like the original post has been deleted, probably due to it being a spam post.
Even though the original question must have seemed legitimate, hence the replies.

When it was deleted I am not sure, but I assume it was there when you replied.
However, there is also not much use in asking for information when the original post is over a year old.
I assume they will have sorted their problem and moved on by now.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
As I recall the original question was regarding using the INT version of ArchiCAD instead of French version so they could better understand the menus etc in ArchiCAD (without causing any problems to project files).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5