Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

clear a Archicad file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is a easy way to clean a Archicad file?
For example, remove all views, layouts, masters, worksheets, schedules, favorites etc.
Optimal would be if I could make a preset that could be applied to multiple files.

/Jimmy
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
No there isn't.
There is no such thing as a master file or pre-set that can be applied to other files.

All you can do is manually delete (or add) the information you are referring to.

Attributes can be co-ordinated (imported & exported) from one file to another with the Attribute Manager - but you have to be careful how you do it as you can end up with a real mess.

Views (in the View Map) can not be copied from one file to another - they must be set up per job.

Layout and master pages can be copied from one file to another (through the Organiser) but beware, if you have any drawing placed in them you will need to re-link them to the new file as they will remain linked externally to the original file.

Favourites, Graphic Overrides, Renovation filters can all be exported and imported from one file to another.

This is why it is a very good idea to have a template to base all new jobs from.
As you work on a job and find there is something lacking or needs changing, be sure to also do it in the template as well so it is ready for the next job.
Yes, it is a little double handling, but it saves doing the same thing for every new job you start.

Some people forego the template and just use the previous job as the template for the next - deleting the 3D model and annotation when they start a new job.
It all depends quite a bit on what type of work and how much you do.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jimmy wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know if there is an easy way to clean a Archicad file?
For example, remove all views, layouts, masters, worksheets, schedules, favourites etc.
Optimal would be if I could make a preset that could be applied to multiple files.

/Jimmy
If you need to get rid all of them the easiest way would be to save files to .mod and then open them.
.mod contain only 3d model so rest will be deleted. If you need only selected elements to be deleted it's also possible but with some custom scripts.
Barry Kelly
Be careful with a .MOD file.
Yes you will lose all of the views and layouts which are just as easy to delete manually.
But I think you will get all of the attributes of the last opened .PLN file.
So even though a mod file has only the attributes of the elements saved in it, it will adopt the attributes of the previously opened file.
I am not sure what happens with favourites, graphic overrides and renovation filters.

I guess give it a go and see what happens.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11