Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

cloning database a.c.12

Anonymous
Not applicable
in the edit Database dialog there are the "Default Set", "AC_12_Int", "RoofMaker 2.1". If you select "AC_12_Int", the option "Dublicate" is not enabled. However the lower level options as i.e. "General", Sitework" etc. can be dublicated. Is there any way to clone the entire database before I start making extended changes, or at least have a backup copy of the original "AC_12_Int" database ?
The "Default Set" does not seem to contain something, what is it's use?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
ale-la wrote:
in the edit Database dialog there are the "Default Set", "AC_12_Int", "RoofMaker 2.1". If you select "AC_12_Int", the option "Dublicate" is not enabled. However the lower level options as i.e. "General", Sitework" etc. can be dublicated. Is there any way to clone the entire database before I start making extended changes, or at least have a backup copy of the original "AC_12_Int" database ?
The "Default Set" does not seem to contain something, what is it's use?
Create a new database.

Then, shift-select all of the content of the database that you want to duplicate and option-drag (Mac) alt-drag (Win) onto the new database icon to duplicate all of that content into the new database. The units folder won't drag a copy though - so do not select it. Instead, select all of the contents of the original units folder (the unit entries) and drag-copy them onto the new db icon - and a units folder will be created with the duplicated content.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!