BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

converting help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi !

I would like to ask your help, as I got lost pretty well.

I have to do a design work in Blender, but I did received the plans in ArchiCad .PLA file format. Usually, file format converting is a very easy thing, I usually use PolyTrans as one of the best converting package.

BUT, in this case as I recieved this .PLA ArchiCad format I did not found any (!) software could convert this file format to any other like 3Dsmax or STl or lightwave or anything, just away from this .PLA thing.

As I am never using ArchiCad of course I dont have it, and I do not have a chance that the supplier of the drawings could save export it for me in different format if it is possible anyway.

So cold you help me with a converter please, which I could use to convert this PLA file format to anything else ?

Many thanks,

D.M.
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
The only converter of a PLA is ArchiCAD itself, as no other software can read this format. Once open in ArchiCAD, the model can be exported in a whole variety of commonly used formats, such as 3DS. Only a licensed copy of ArchiCAD can do this.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!