Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

custom text fields?

lagodue
Newcomer
In my components lists I am trying to add custom text fields, which do show up in the list. However, they are locked and I cannot enter any text. Any ideas?
Thx
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
It could be that the layer the elements are on is locked or hidden, or the elements themselves could be locked.
When you select that row, there should be a warning at the top of the schedule screen next to the buttons for selecting elements in plan or 3D (these will be locked as well).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
poco2013
Mentor
need more info -- I assume you are using the list schedule and not the interactive schedules?

If so, custom text fields are just a mater of adding a column and filling in the text. Obviously, this is not what you are referring too, so a screen shot might be helpful??
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
lagodue
Newcomer
I have no problem with this custom text field for my door and window schedules. For a components list I am getting the attached, where any text entry is locked out.
Solution
Barry Kelly
It could be that the layer the elements are on is locked or hidden, or the elements themselves could be locked.
When you select that row, there should be a warning at the top of the schedule screen next to the buttons for selecting elements in plan or 3D (these will be locked as well).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
lagodue
Newcomer
Great! Layer was hidden. All is well.