cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaborate forum

custom text fields?

lagodue
Newcomer
In my components lists I am trying to add custom text fields, which do show up in the list. However, they are locked and I cannot enter any text. Any ideas?
Thx
"Bob" - Church of the Sub-Genius
Graphisoft afficionado since 1993
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution
Barry Kelly
It could be that the layer the elements are on is locked or hidden, or the elements themselves could be locked.
When you select that row, there should be a warning at the top of the schedule screen next to the buttons for selecting elements in plan or 3D (these will be locked as well).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

poco2013
Advisor
need more info -- I assume you are using the list schedule and not the interactive schedules?

If so, custom text fields are just a mater of adding a column and filling in the text. Obviously, this is not what you are referring too, so a screen shot might be helpful??
Gerry

Windows 10 - Visual Studio 2019; ArchiCAD 26

lagodue
Newcomer
I have no problem with this custom text field for my door and window schedules. For a components list I am getting the attached, where any text entry is locked out.

Solution
Barry Kelly
It could be that the layer the elements are on is locked or hidden, or the elements themselves could be locked.
When you select that row, there should be a warning at the top of the schedule screen next to the buttons for selecting elements in plan or 3D (these will be locked as well).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 25
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Dell Precision 3510 - i7 6820HQ @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, AMD FirePro W5130M, Windows 10

lagodue
Newcomer
Great! Layer was hidden. All is well.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!