BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

detail / wall section library / warehouse?

Gus
Newcomer
I am wondering what the best place is to easily search through details and wall sections etc. that people have decided to share with one another. For example, I'm having trouble solving a problem with a particular material and drainage system and how it works in a wall section. I would love to search (visually?) through a bunch of residential wall sections to see what other people have done with similar materials / wall systems and situations. I have seen the sketchup warehouse which is ok but not very diverse. I have seen some cad dwg file sharing sites but you can't see the drawing unless you download it and its almost never what you are looking for once you download it and view it (a very slow process). It seems we should have something like this so we can all share with one another. I'm imagining something like a visually searchable online Graphic Standards mixed with a big firms detail library.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is a very wise man called Frank Ching.

He has produced a number of books. The one that I think may be of interest is Ching, Frank (Francis D.K.), Building Construction Illustrated, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York 1975, 2nd ed. 1991 (Cassandra Adams, co-author), 3rd ed. John Wiley, New York 2003 (Cassandra Adams, co-author); ISBN 0471358983 .

Im in Australia and even though the construction methods may differ, the way that the author has resolved details is the best Ive seen and very helpful. Good luck.
Learn and get certified!