Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

door schedules

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I change the material in the elements/door full schedule (AC_13_US). It's showing WOOD as a default and I can't figure out where to change that. Have been able to change other parameters in the listing & labeling but not that. Also, can I remove columns from this schedule?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Hi A,

The US default template doesn't come with a schedule with a name such as you listed, so cannot specifically identify what "material" column you're seeing...

But, all schedules are 100% customizable. With a schedule view open, click the "Scheme Settings..." button at the top right of the window. (Or, right-click the schedule name in Navigator and choose Scheme Settings there.) Add or remove columns, change the column order, sorting, summing, filtering, etc there.

Typically, the objects's own 'material' field is not what you want to schedule, as it will show the material for renderings as opposed to the material to be ordered for the door/window. So, schedules such as the sample "NCS Door and Frame Sch(edule)" in the US version use one of the free-text fields associated with objects for that info: the fields such as User Defined 1 (etc) can contain anything you want ... and then you just change the header in the schedule to display the desired text label (e.g., "Material").

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl,

I'm just figuring out how to work with the schedules. I did find the Scheme Settings. I didn't see a "material" col in the "scheme settings" so that was the one item I haven't been able to modify (see attached view). I'll delete that column and add a User field instead as you suggested.

Also, How can I organize the ID column sequentially?

A related question: I was hoping I could integrate the finish schedule using zones but don't see how I can produce a schedule. Of course I could always import an xls table into Plot but like the fact the Archicad schedules update when you make changes. Is there a way to do that?
Karl Ottenstein
Hi A,

Any field can be renamed in the interactive schedule window... so to see what parameter corresponds to the MAT column, check your scheme to see what the 8th parameter is.

For sorting, your ID column is sorted (you'll see a down arrow in your scheme settings next to ID, I'm sure) - it is just AC sorts as text, left to right, and so all of your "D1xx" will appear before "D2". You would need to use leading zeroes in your door ID's - e.g., D01, D02, .... D10, or D.01, D.02, or D-01, D-02, etc for them to appear in order.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB