BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dwg import

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I attempt to import a 2D dwg elevation drawing supplied by building surveyor all I get is a single line in archicad,strange thing is that floor plans are ok.The dwg drawings when opened in the free autocad viewer seem fine.Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

archicad v 21
3 REPLIES 3
any layers of the .dwg frozen or locked ? On occasion when I have a problem with a .dwg I open it with Adobe Acrobat and then import the that .pdf and explode it. Not great idea for most things but it has worked for me.
Could be some sort configuration with your Translator?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

DGSketcher
Legend
If the elevations are showing as just a line, could they be in 3D e.g. using X+Z coordinates instead of X+Y.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
They are in 3D -problem solved thankyou.
Learn and get certified!