Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dxf-dwg translator missing

Dave Brach
Advocate
I can't publish to dwg. I am getting the message "Require DXF-DWG translator is missing"

archicad is looking for the translator in C:\documents and settings\Ransom\Graphisoft\DXF-DWG Translators

but I have no "Ransom" folder on my computer. How do I change "Ransom" to "Administrator"
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to File\File Special\DXF-DWG Translation Setup Dialog.
There check your Translators and see if they are there with the correct locations.

You may also have to check the settings in the Publisher. Like what Translator is assign to be used with publishing those DWG files.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dave Brach
Advocate
The translators are there. That is not the problem. The error message tells me that archicad is looking here: C:\documents and settings\Ransom\Graphisoft\DXF-DWG Translators. Where is "Ransom" coming from? The translator files are located at: C:\documents and settings\Administrator\Graphisoft\DXF-DWG Translators....
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Must have been a user named Ransom on that machine and he was the one who installed ArchiCAD. So when he first ran it these Translators were created in his user profile.
Dave Brach
Advocate
The scenario you describe is impossible. This is my own personal laptop, I purchased it new and there has never been another user. I purchased Archicad 14 brand new and installed it myself. This is some sort of bug within Archicad and the question is how to fix it.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Dave Brach
Advocate
I just installed Archicad on my wife's computer (brand new machine running windows 7) and I get the exact same message. It is says the files are missing from this location: C:\documents and settings\Ransom\Graphisoft\DXF-DWG Translators
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you go to the DXF-DWG Translation Setup Dialog, you may have to use the Browse button to load the correct Translator XML files from that correct location, then modify the DWG options in the Publisher to use these newly created Translators.
Dave Brach
Advocate
Re-browsing for the files worked to correct the problem. Thanks for your help!
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura