Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

first attempts with Schedules - Listing elements lengths

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there.

The picture is showing the setup for an schedule which I intend to GROUP BY Story and SUM reference variables for each kind of core element.

The result that I would like to have, is 4 lines, for the 4 stories, and GRAND TOTALS of all summed values for each column.

For example,
Wall-Length Beam-Length Column-Length Slab-Area
STORY 1 300m 80m 40 m 200m2

However, the result that I get is hiddenly disagrupping each kind of Wall Profile Type used in each story level.

a) Can you help me to get the above behavior?

b) Is it possible to use Excel and Pivot tables, to summarize this data? ¿Can it be connected to an AC internal database?

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
attach..
schedule.png
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
jacobidiego wrote:
a) Can you help me to get the above behavior?
I don't think you can do what you want with AC schedules.
jacobidiego wrote:
b) Is it possible to use Excel and Pivot tables, to summarize this data? ¿Can it be connected to an AC internal database?
This is the better option. AC will let you list everything you need, but when it comes to filtering, arranging, grouping, etc... the data, a spreadsheet editor will get you there sooner. The way to get this to work is to set up a publisher set for your schedules. Save either as .xls or .txt and link the information (don't just open and edit the resulting files). Should you make any changes, you just click publish again and wait for excel (in this case) to update everything.

I explained this in detail in another thread. Use search to find it.

Best regards.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You should create a custom IFC Property and set up multiple mapping rules for that IFC Property. Then schedule the IFC Property.
Here is a video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LiZh9NSEo

And here is an article about it:

http://bimblog.bondbryan.com/archicad-18-join-the-ifc-and-cobie-flow-part-2-data-mapping/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi laszlonagy,
Thank you!! I will try with that approach as soon as I get more used to AC.
Another way would be to access the database through SQL but this requires registering as a developer, which seems more bureaucracy.

Rightnow, i am exporting it to a an Excel, and create there the quotation calculation.

One further problem that I have, is that, this building will be built in stages depending on the hause zone and meaning, I am trying to use zones for it but elements dont get assigned to it.
Because of this, I can not filter them in Excel..

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=54590