Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

flipping a project once the project is completed and published

PJD
Contributor

I have a client that, now that the site work has commenced, has requested that the entire house be flipped.

The drawings are signed off, printed and delivered.  Looking to spend as little time as possible on this.

Is there an easy way to achieve this so that the dimensions and labels flip and maintain their orientation and direction.  I can flip the PDF but the text and dimensions are backwards.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Try this: create a new Project based on the settings of this project (latest settings), then bring in this Project as a Hotlinked Module, and flip it.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
PJD
Contributor

Thanks Laszlo I appreciate the response.  I spent 4 hours yesterday getting it flipped and re-published.  It was all the notes and fills that needed attention.  Not as bad as I had expected.

If I am presented with this scenario again I will try your suggestion.

I have a special layer combo I use then I marquee a box through the stories and mirror on a center dimension. Other than dimensions cleanup, I like my to always go to the right side of the wall, it's basically instant.

Andrii Levko
Expert

Using Marquee tool >> Method all Floors (Bold box) while showing all layers it can be done very quickly. I mirror usually according to the last axis, because then, according to the same axis, linear and height dimensions and independent labels have to be mirrored on sections and elevations. And after that, of course, move drawings on layouts.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

Can sections and elevations be saved to a hotlink?

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650