Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

from sketch uo to archicad 13 in a mac

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi im new using archicad, and i need to turn in a school project next week and im tryiting to use some objetcs from sketch up, but i don;t how to import them to archicad, i have a macbbok with archicad 13 and sketch up 7
can somebody hel me,

i need to import from sketch to archicad
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can download the Google Earth Add-On. It imports SketchUp files as well.
But I am not sure if it works with SketchUp 7 or only with an earlier SketchUp version. You will have to try.

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/addons/google_earth/ge_earth_connections_download.html

Edit: Actually, this Add-ON is only available on Windows.
As far as I remember Google did not provide the necessary environment so no ArchiCAD Add-On could be made on the Mac platform.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Mac users without any access to Windows have to export as 3DS (e.g.) from SketchUp and use the 3DS Import add-on (download from the AC Help menu) to import that file. Only SketchUp Pro can export as 3DS though.

There may be some skp-to-3ds converters out there somewhere via Google otherwise?

(Some people use a Windows virtual machine on their Mac to run AC only when they need to use the add-ons not available for Mac ... and then continue their work on the Mac side.)
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB