Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

funky dimensions in schedule

jkershaw
Enthusiast
ok, folks, here's a new one for you:

In my window schedule, the dimensions are showing up as shown in the attached image. 1'-12"? 3'-12"? I've never seen ArchiCAD do that before.

The widths appear correctly in the window object. I've checked my dimension settings. The height displays correctly. I'm at a loss for how to correct this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
AC26 APPLE SILICON USA FULL 4032
Mac Studio 2022, Apple M1 Max, 64GB RAM
13.2 macOS Ventura
learning AC since version 4.5
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your windows are probably not exactly 2-0 wide and are being rounded up, this is a known issue with rounding.

No problems here in the metric world as we do not round (typically)

Scott
jkershaw
Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I've verified every which way that the windows are indeed 2'-0" wide.

Interestingly, the same window, when sized to other widths (e.g. 1'-0", 3'-0", 5'-0", 6'-0") will display that width correctly in the schedule.

Any other ideas?
13.2 macOS Ventura
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jkershaw:

Try this: go to Working Units and change the Model Units to Feet & Decimal Inches, Decimals to 3 places. Select the troublesome window and see if it is a bit less than 2 feet, like 1'-11.990".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
jkershaw
Enthusiast
david -

thanks for the input. alas, the window still shows as being shop on. See attached image of the window tool dialog box.
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 12.32.49 PM.png
13.2 macOS Ventura
jkershaw
Enthusiast
also...

when I click on the window in the schedule itself, the dimensions show as being accurate. See attached.

Sadly, this sort of thing makes automatic scheduling useless for the time being.
13.2 macOS Ventura
You might go here and try playing with the settings, especially the "fractions" setting. Note that this is specifically the dimension settings for doors/windows/skylights.
Window dimensions.jpg
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
TracyGA
Contributor
You are not alone. I am having problems with the width as well. I emailed Graphisoft about this issue but received no response. For me, the window height is correct but the window width is automatically converted to decimal inches. My workaround to this issue has been to use a schedule created in version 20. Then the width value from the previous version works for me as you can see in the attached images where the version 20 width is the second column and the version 21 width is in the last column.[/img]
Tom Krowka
Booster
Check which dimension you're using in the window setting; nominal, rough, etc. You might have some spacing dimension set between the jamb and the framing, but only in the width, but not the length. It's worth a shot.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello!

This is actually a bug, that we know about.
All the background calculations in ARCHICAD are actually based on meters (whatever units you are using, the calculations are done in meters). The problem here, is that the algorithm we use to convert the results in the model and in the Interactive Schedule Add-on slightly differs, and the results after the conversion end up a fraction of a mm smaller in the Interactive Schedule, and since it seems smaller than 1', it will convert to 12" instead. The displayed value is actually correct, it is just in the wrong format.

This bug is on our to-do list, but it is deep in the code, so we are still working on a way to make it happen. I understand your frustration about this issue, sorry about the inconvenience!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit