Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

gdl objects information in a Template

Anonymous
Not applicable
is it possible to save the configuration of every door or windows or gdl objects in a template? so that whenever i start a project and i insert a door for example.. it's symbol would appear with the pens linetypes and even the scale that i assigned to it..

my current template only stores the information of the last door i editted.. when I change the doortype it appears with the default pens linetypes etc..

is there a way to change them all?

i suspect that maybe it is possible by entering into the gdl configuration.. however im not really into that subject yet..
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can save favorites.
or
Some prefer Visual Favorites where you place them in the file.

Both methods require you to create new ones when you upgrade,
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also extract the ArchiCAD Library LCF file.
Then open each library part for editing and set their default parameter values to the values you need. Then save.
After you do this with all library parts, create an LCF container. You can even replace the default AC library LCF with this LCF. OR you can create a Template PLN file that loads this LCF as a Library and use that Template to start projects.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is an article here that describes the use of favorites and visual favorites -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Favorites

I believe there is also an add-on called BIMFast that allows the easy managnent of visual favorites from a toolbar.

See this thread for a description - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=161889