BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

general notes on schedules

lparke
Contributor
I'm setting up a door schedule. It's long enough were it needs multiple layouts. I successfully been able to make is span multiple layouts but at the end of the schedule (page 2) i'd like to put a general notes and marked notes text. Page 1 is 100% full. I just started typing text at the bottom of the schedule (last page) in the available space on the layout but noted this text also showed up on the first page overlapping the schedule. Probably not the best place (layout) for notes anyway. I though initially i could control this with a layer combination but that's not possible (i think). Nor do i think i can add the text to the bottom of the schedule itself. I've tried text from in internal source (worksheet) brought into layout but again it shows up on all sheets. i suspect it will be the same from an external source. Is there a way to put in a page break in the schedule? and then have separate views on the layout?

What am i missing?

By the way, what's a good way to 'schedule' the marked notes 1, 2, 3, etc (currently using the notes/remarks parameter for listing) column on the door schedule?

thanks
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
2 REPLIES 2
Erich
Contributor
It sounds for all the world like you are putting your note (whether in text form or imported from a worksheet et. al.) on a Master Layout. Try instead just putting it on the sheet where you want it (schedule sheet 2).

Unfortunately there is not a way to add notes to the bottom of a schedule, while keeping the schedule live. You could, however, export to excel, add the notes there and then save as a PDF and place the external PDF on the sheet if you really want your notes at the bottom of the schedule. But this is a lot of effort. You really have the right idea, IMO, just placing text on the layout.
Layouts.png
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
lparke
Contributor
thanks Erich. I'm pretty confident that my notes are on the the correct layout not the master. See attached screen shot. I used the 'split schedule into multiple layouts' feature. I guess in essence i've created a 'sub-master layout' grouping these sheets together. It's not the end of the world and in this case it may be advantageous to have the general and marked notes on each door schedule sheet. just requires me to reformat the schedule in the layout to avoid the text. But what if i want to place a series of door details on the last page below the schedule if i have the available space. When i test this out i get the the same detail on each sheet within this 'multiple layout' grouping.

Short of the excel export/pdf/place external example given ... Is this the best/only way you can split up schedules onto multiple sheets/layouts?

(P.S. for clarification door schedule is now three sheets in lieu of two referenced in original question.)

thanks again.
ArchiCAD v27 (since v11)
MacBook Pro M1 Max, 64GB
macOS Sonoma
Learn and get certified!