BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

gsm convertion from 3ds

Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to convert a 3ds file to an gsm one with ArchiCad 9, I receive the error message:
ACAPI_LibPart_Create Error:-2130313215
What can be wrong?
6 REPLIES 6
andrewzarb
Booster
That looks like the dreaded -2130313215 error!

Seriously it could be almost anything and going by the lack of replies it doesn't look like anyone knows for sure.

It could be that the mesh is deformed slightly and ArchiCAD can't convert it properly. Have you used this 3ds file elsewhere? Was it OK?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have checked the files in Sketchup 5. Also, I have send the 3ds files to my ArchiCad dealer, and he had no problem converting them to gsm, but he didn't know anything about my error. I have also send a bug-report to Graphisoft and I'm still waiting.
It was no problem at beginning, after installing the 3ds add-on. Something happened after that, I don't know what.
Thank you anyway.
andrewzarb
Booster
So it sounds like its doing it with any conversion, is that right?

Have you tried deleting the Add-on and reinstalling it from an original source?

I know you don't want to but have you re-installed ArchiCAD?

Hopefully Graphisoft will be able to help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, with any conversion.
I'll try both, add-on install and archicad. I felt the files must be checked before conversion.
Graphisoft is steel silent.
I'll keep you informed.
Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you guys using the Add-on for 10 to import 3ds?

I downloaded and installed it but every time I use it it just crashes archicad, has anyone else had this problem
Djordje
Ace
George wrote:
Yes, I have checked the files in Sketchup 5. Also, I have send the 3ds files to my ArchiCad dealer, and he had no problem converting them to gsm, but he didn't know anything about my error.
Hope he emailed you the GSMs ...

This has to be checked on site, at your computer. It might be many things ... that is why nobody wants to give a straight (or any ...) answer
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!