BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

help with cinema 4d

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi,
im new to cinema 4d and ive set up all the plugins for archicad 13 and for cinema 4d. but for some reason when i save my model in archicad as a cinema 4d file and then open it in cinema 4d it does not load the model. it only loads a few white lines and i can see it recognises the textures.
anyone have any ideas???
thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Wokka
Contributor
Which exchange plugin are you using?
I got completly frustrated with Graphisoft/Maxon. Thankfully Dinnye has made a great plugin:

http://dinnye.neobase.hu/

enjoy.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
3 D E N V I R O N M E N T
http://www.3de.com.au
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, just tried that plugin but still cant seem to get it working
ive attached a screen print of what it imports.
any ideas of how to fix that??
Wokka
Contributor
Couple of quick questions:
Is there anything in the object manager?
Did you save from the 3D window as a ac4d+ file and import with the plugin?
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi wokka,
didnt realise i had to import with the plugin. that worked.
sorry as i said im new to cinema 4d so ive got a bit to learn.
thanks alot for your help that new plugin works
Wokka
Contributor
No worries.
Warwick Lloyd-Martin
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
ArchiCad 4.55>27 AUS
Lumion 12.5/2023
D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use both types of plugin and I have to say that neither is perfect
With the Maxon/Graphisoft option when you open your file after a 'save as' Cinema 4D try first to see your your model is in fact there.
First, if you have the C4D architecture edition I would recommend changing your interface layout to 'Architecture' ...
Window >> Layout >> Architecture
Then with the first 'General Functions' tab (which you should be presented with anyway) go Edit >> Select All .... and then click the 'Frame Active Objects' button.
In any C4D edition you can also hit the S, O or H keys to frame objects in different ways
Sometimes your model is just way off-screen somewhere because of the scale in export from AC or maybe a lonely object far away from the main model.
Anonymous
Not applicable
amonle wrote:
I use both types of plugin and I have to say that neither is perfect
Please tell me what has the plugin flaw.
Suggestions are always welcome.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi dinnye

The problems I am having relate to the cameras
First, when I load the model in C4D the view is very distorted - as if it is an extreme wide angle lens. This happens whether or not I choose to include the current view (otherwise great feature, by the way)
Also when navigating the model inside C4D the live C4D perspective view camera becomes 'unstable' - by that I mean that if I move and orbit to a view that I like in the scene and then let go my mouse if I just click to navigate again the view jumps wildly to a random position. This also happens if I try to render the current view, either right there in the perspective window or to the picture viewer.
I have got around this by making sure to set up all the views that I want in AC as cameras - so that I can then get those camera views directly in C4D.
Neither of these things happen with the maxon plugin

Overall I prefer your plugin to maxon's so it would be great to get over these issues.
Also I realise that I may be making a silly mistake somewhere so if it helps I can send you one of my ac4d+ files

Lastly, to admin if this is not the right place to go on about C4D just let me know
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok. Thank you. Let me check. When I wrote the add-on, the cameras are not considered so important. Rather, the geometry cared.
Learn and get certified!