Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

help with text please

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am fairly new to archicad and currently using archicad19.

I am wanting to line up text within a text box in archicad. Can this be done? for example i currently insert text with an area schedule but i need to manually move the text with the tab key or using the spacebar but unfortunately this never lines up.

i know i can insert an excel table but i need to be able to edit the text within archicad. thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Please try to post in a relevant topic rather than just the first "Archicad+" section.
I have moved this post.

You have some justification (left, centre right & align to decimal) in the schedule fields if that is what you mean.
This is a screen shot from version 21 - it is a little different in 19

Also I don't think you can justify individual fields.
For example in my image all of the highlighted (value) fields will justify the same.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
thankyou, but how do i get that table to appear? i have attached a screen shot i hope this works.

what i wanting to do is line up the text into columns or create a table or something neater than this. is it possible please?
Barry Kelly
Ah, so this is not a schedule but just text in a box (or with the frame turned on)?

If it is all one text element, you can only have one justification style per line of text.
You would have to split the text into two separate columns, one for the description and one for the amounts.
Then you could position and justify each separately.

However with text there is no justification for the decimal position.
So you would have to justify that column by the right hand side and make sure you always had the same number of decimal points and units of measurement text.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11